Energy Star Appliances
Save Money, Energy and get Money Back
Shopping season is here! Love shopping or hate it, we all end up buying holiday gifts just the same this time of year! That also means the years biggest sales are coming our way. Which makes this a great time to buy new appliances to take advantage of more than just sales prices. They are the gifts that keep on giving, as new energy efficient appliances can mean years of lower utility bills and a tax credit this year.
Did you know?
- The average American family washes about 300 loads of laundry each year. ENERGY STAR certified clothes washers use about 20% less energy (roughly $85 less each year) and 35% less water than regular washers (roughly 8 gallons per load).
- A dishwasher built before 1994 uses 10 gallons of water more per cycle than an ENERGY STAR dishwasher. If you do a load of dishes every other day you could be saving nearly 2,000 gallons of water per year.
- ENERGY STAR certified refrigerators are required to use about 15% less energy than non-certified models. Choose a new certified model rather than a standard model and cut your energy bills by more than $80 over the lifetime of your fridge.
- Use the ENERGY STAR Savings Calculator to find out exactly how much money you’ll save by replacing your existing appliances.
- Visit https://www.energystar.gov to learn more and to file for a tax credit!
If your household is in the market for new appliances a little bit of research and some shopping around may save you the cost of a cruise of the life of the appliance.